JUNE radiotherapy anyone?

Hi Jky just wondered how you’re getting on with rads/your late healing wound. Hope it’s ok for you xx

Funny all the talk about brains not working properly, my husband has been worrying about me not being able to remember anything at the moment including not rembering where the toilets that I use everyday at the hospital. He decided to look up memory loss and radiotherapy and apparently I do have an excuse for now anyway.

L xx

You are probably very correct he was just worried about me, I told him it’s down to my age and is quite normal.

x

I’m glad I read your post Kacey as I had my final session yesterday too and also felt really emotional and I couldn’t understand why but maybe it is a sense of abandonment. My side effects haven’t been too bad, it is very red and pretty sore but aloe vera gel has helped and I found that the Piriton I took for an insect bite stopped the itchy boob too, result!

I hope all you ladies on here get through to the end of treatment without too many side effects.

Take care.  Michelle xx

To be honest, I haven’t been any more tired than I usually am with working and running around after the kds etc. I’ve worked all through my radiotherapy and managed a theatre trip last night, after my 20th session, and lasted the night! Maybe it will suddenly hit me in a week or so… Hopefully you will be ok and enjoy the concert. Michelle xx

I got a follow up appointment with the Oncologist 6 weeks after I finished rads to check skin etc.Then I had follow up with the surgeon 6 months after op ,I am having 1 year mamogram and follow up with surgeon next week.Every hospital seems to be slightly different though and some ladies I have spoken to haven’t had any follow until yearly mammogram .Good luck with your treatment Anita.

Ladies who are just finishing treatment it is very common to feel emotional and somewhat cut adrift .The intensity of daily radiotherapy followed by “get on with your life now” is really unsettling.While you are having treatment you feel like you are actively doing something to stop the cancer coming back and that the medics are working alongside you,Then suddenly you’re on your own and it all goes very quiet ,weird !!!

Had my 9th rad on Friday half way through now but have started to feel really sick was told to eat little and often try rice cakes uck I would be sick, worse day so far was Thursday I felt awful bit better now is anyone else suffering with nausea glad I am only working four days a week.

Take care everyone have a nice weekend xx

Hi kitty, I’ve been feeling more nauseous each day during rads, and I’m so tired as well no matter how much sleep I get. I only have one left to go so am hoping to start feeling better soon xx

Hi

I’ve been feeling really sick too since Wednesday I thought it was something I had eaten at first but still feel sick now.

xx

I have just finished today, 15 rads and no soreness (yet) or nausea. Try ginger, in whatever form you like, it can be very soothing.

Amanda x

Well done Amanda,long journey for you .Have you got something nice planned to celebrate ?

Ladies who are feeling tired /nauseous ,the oncologist told me too increase my fluids and it made a massive difference within 24 hours .

Yes it’s a bit of a marathon isn’t it , enjoy your daughters 20th,nice to have something to celebrate .

It’s just the side they are zapping I think .There are natural ones you can use on the radiated side,Holland and Barrett do a crystal one,you wet it and rub it on ,works pretty well .Hospitals have different policies ,some don’t seem to have a problem with deodorant at all.

Anita I’ve been using Aloe Vera gel under my arms for months now and although it’s not really stopping me sweating (not that I sweat much) it certainly has been stopping any odour! Found out my accident as I was using it because my under arms were really itching when I lost the hair with chemo. I’m not being zapped under my arms, dont know why as I had node involvement.
Good news you’ve finished Amanda - well done ?
2 more left for me now!!
Xxx

Hi all, I’ve just been using a Sure roll on deodorant as normal as my rads team didn’t say anything about what I could or couldn’t use. Last rads for me today as well, well done as well Amanda xx

Well that was my last one this morning - no bell to ring at our unit either! Felt strangely calm. So that’s me done apart from 10 years of hormone therapy tablets and follow up appointments, but after 8 months, it’s time to get a bit of normality back in my life ?
All the very best to the rest of you - won’t be long now!
Xxx

Hi

should have signed up to this one sooner but you know how life goes!

I started rads on the last day of May, had 12 so far, 8 to go as I am lucky enough to get 5 booster sessions after 15 ‘normal’ rads… To be honest after chemo and 2 goes at a WLE the extra rads don’t seem like that much of a big deal.

So far it’s all going well, hospital gave me a tube of double base dayleve gel and its been working well, I’m pinker on one side a a bit itchy but nothing awful…

was just wondering if the booster sessions are any different to the ‘normal’ rads? Are they better/worse, longer/quicker? Information would be good…

anyway hope everyone is doing well and coping…

Hi all.
Just waiting to go in for 3rd. Doing ok so far even driven myself today. Trying hard for more normal and more independence .
On the song theme want to offer “We’re having a heat wave, a tropical heatwave” no idea who recorded it.
Hope it gets me a point at least.
Well time for number 3 now.
Sending hugs
Jan x