Liverpool Meet Up, IDEAS??

Whats a Lambanana ???

Dear Liverbird and others I am still hoping to come on 4th.I have not been too forthcoming with arrangements,times etc yet as I am having my first Herceptin on 2nd. I do not know how I will be and do not really want to break any firm arrangements. I am desperately hoping to come but will post if I cannot.
I am struggling a bit following radiotherapy [posted on another thread].
I am 42 and it is 8 years since my first diagnosis.I had AC double m. with recon[tram flap], rads CMF and 51/2 years tamoxifen.Tried zoladex and femara but side effects too much.Had no treatment for a year and the b…came back.Desperately wish I had persisted. Still coming to terms with being ok for over 7 yearsand now not[should be in another thread too].Looking forward to meet.Anyone live near Ormskirk?
Jx

Hi maz,
Lambanana is a modern sculpture that has been in Liverpool a few years now.It started life outside Lambs ship merchants and represents the trading of bananas etc to and from Liverpool in years gone by.
There are now smaller versions of it all around the city with different designs painted on it.You will probably see some of them when you come up.They are quite amusing to look at!
Looking forward to meeting you.
Alli x

Hi Juliet soz to hear that …hope you can make it for the meet up …if not we are trying to arrange another for Oct …lofes a bitch aint it well this disease is
!!
Alli thanx for explaining its been ages since Ive been into town ,even when my mum and dad were alive only came up to help look after my dad … really looking forward to visiting the old place and meeting you all ,Just got to confirm my train times hope the weather is good .
Maz

Looking at list Ali an di had anyone heard from
Granny scouse
maryfrod
KTe281
Lizzie 52
And others who asked if they could come???

Keep tryin to keep this in view but chit chat is a busy forum.

Rx

Hi,
Where have all the 4th July ladies gone?
Perhaps you’re all on holiday!
So far only me,Liverbird,IreneM,Mazaroo and India1 have confirmed.
I remember that Maryfrod,cally2108 and lizzie52 said they couldn’t come but will to the next one.

It’s going to be great.Be there or be square!!
Alli x

Hi
I am going away on Monday for 2 weeks but will raise a glass or three to you all on 4th,hope you have a fantastic time and look forward to next time

Take Care

Mary
xxxx

Hi Alli,

Hope to be there on the 4th, but had my first tax on Monday and feel RUFF!! Hope things will change very soon, will let you know as soon as I can.

Mary,have a wonderful well deserved holiday!! I am green with envy…it`s the one thing we are really missing.

Take care,
Janx

Hi ladies ,
have a good meet Friday. I bought a mini superlambanana today too for my OH , they are pretty cool all over the city. I saw the Baa- Nitez one today too in the Met quarter . (you can buy one online in pink for breast cancer care from the Linda mcCartney centre)

I cant believe how much Liverpool has changed and I always realise how much I miss it when im there. It was quite funny as a lot of people walking around Liverpool One are lost and dont know where they’ve parked . My sis was lost and she works in town ! It does make me want to come back everyone seems to be friendlier than down here and always ready for a laugh. I saw 2 girls dressed to the nines this morning on victoria st , prob going to a wedding with the teeniest puffball skirts on in bright pink and purple with but they looked really good.

takecare everyone
Cally

Hi girlies

Been busy last few days and more to come. I have a wedding (my daughter) to prep for. Even though it is 8 weeks away, I have 2 bridesmaids dresses to complete and a stained glass window to design and make (my secret present). I also work and sort of keep house!

I will be leaving home on 3rd straight from work so won’t be contactable after 2nd, though Liverbird has my phone number. Can I suggest we bring cameras and are we wearing pink?

Met 1/4 was on telly other day. Whats the name of restuarant? I’m getting the train in so can get tipsy! I love afternoon drinking, if a siesta is in the offing!

Irene

Hi all … My camera is at the ready and and my BC tshirt … Irene what time is your train in Lime Street I am on the train too shall we meet at the station ???
its my OH bday on 7th I need to buy that Baa-nitez Lambanana … where will i get one from ??? Living in the midland I miss all tyhe liverpool cultuire stuff on Granada Reports …is it still called that ???
Look ing forward to meeting you all …god Im nervous xxxxxxxx

H Mazaroo , go to gosuperlambananas for all the info on what you can buy etc

oh correct that ! you cant buy on that site its just for info on where to see them.
the ones to buy are mini superlambananas for around 25-30 pounds or a larger one for the garden at 99 pounds but they are only in limited colourstypically the original yellow that came to Liverpool in 1998 made by Japanese artist

I hope you have a great time on 4th jULY. I have just had my recon so can’t drive for 6 weeks but would love to meet up with you all next time, I am a scouser living in Wales grew up in Crosby. Have a brill time and a glass of wine or 3 for me!

Hi Girls

Friday is still good with me

x

Hi all,
IreneM-it’s called Cafe Rouge and it’s on the first floor.

TORONTO-Hope you are well enough to come.I finished my Tax 6 weeks ago.I found I was rough the first week then started to feel better.I know everyone is different but you might feel ok for the 4th.Hope you can make it!

Maryfrod-Have a wonderful holiday and see you on our next one!

Alli x

Hi Alli
Hoping to still come, having herceptin on wednesday after 6 week break due to stopping it while having rads and also low LVEG (think thats right) at last echo, having new echo on monday and hopefully herceptin wed but also get results of last body scan. If I’m still standing by friday I will be there, if not will let you know wed/thurs. Sos about any inconvenience this may cause with booking but will try hardest to be there.
Take Care Liz x

Hi,
Where are Grannyscouse,moley,pollym and RMW26?
Still waiting for confirmation from you all for 4th July meet.
Thanks.
Alli x

GrannyScouse to Ground Control!!

I’ve been on holiday but now I’M BACK!

Looking forward to Friday. Just going to check train times now. Is Cafe Rouge within walking distance of Lime Street? Easy walking distance, that is, or will I need a cab?

Maureen xx

Hi Maureen,
I would say it is.Cafe Rouge is in The Met Quarter which is on Whitechapel.It’s where the old Post Office used to be if you remember.It’s just a walk down Church Street really.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Alli x