Recently diagnosed

I start chemo after my op,Ye I’m abit confused to be honest with it all xx

Thanks CK good luck with ur chemo tomorrow,how long did it take to heal after op? X

Sam,just take each part of your treatment one step at a time ,otherwise it is too overwhelming.You will need to be properly healed before you start chemo .

Ok thanks x

Thanks Jencat,how did they no u had more then 1 affected? Mine showed up on ultrasound,would any of the others shown up? Xx

Sam when they remove lymph nodes they usually remove a cluster (all from one spot) then they do abiopsy on them and any lump removed unfortunately for me the ultrasound was unreliable and they thought no lymph node involvement but cancer showed in lymph nodes when they did the biopsy. This does NOT mean you will be the same and it could well be in just 1 as everyone is different xxx

Thanks SueW x

Hi Sam.
I actually went to work 4 days after but just sat down and on the phone. It was tiring as anaesthetic probably hadn’t yet worn off but it was great to be out. I felt great after 2 weeks and healed well but need another op after chemo so hopefully he will use the same 2 places for margins and lymph nodes clearance.xxx

<Empty imported post>

Hi I spoke to my nurse today and got some tablets for anxiety,and I asked about my diagnosis,I’m Stage 1 Grade 3? Can any1 help with that as I ain’t doing doctor google again x

Sam
The best person to ask is your Breast Cancer team. I did and they explained in detail. My surgeon is great but he speaks on auto Pilate.xxx

Ann-m mines in a lymph node under my arm? X

Hi everyone I found out today I’m Er positive and HER2 positive? Any1 else have this I’ve a meeting next week with my surgeon as he wants to do chemo 1st the shrink my 3cm lump then the operation and lymph node removed x

Hi Sam,there a few ladies having chemo first .

If you join the September monthly chemo thread you will get lots of advice and support from ladies going through chemo at the same time .

Thanks x

Good luck Sam x onwards and upwards x

Hi Sam34 my cancer is alse ER+ and Her2+ and i am having chemo then masectomy. Along wothvthe chemo i am having herceptin and perjuba which deal with the Her2. You will get lots of support here when going through treatment xx

Sam34 i meant to say the reason i am having chemo and other treatments before surgery is because in trials that proved to be the most effective and successful way of treating her2+ xx

Hi Sam, I’m ER+ HER2+ 25mm lump and a lymph node. I’m having 8 rounds of chemo first and then surgery. They’ve not told me if any other lymph nodes are affected, I plan to ask again next time if they know. Not that it’ll make any difference to my treatment. My understanding is that we get better drugs having chemo first if we’re HEP2+ and with our lymph node involvement it also means we’re getting a good chance of any rogue cells being blasted early. 

Treatmemts are all so personalised it seems, we just have to trust that our consultants are doing their very best for us. 

Take care everyone xx