Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

Chocciemuffin that made me giggle. Ha!Youvegottobekidding! has followed me and my man to bed since this nightmare started!! Trouble is i cant convince him that she really does exist. XX

Thinking I may end up getting Ha!You’vegottobekidding tattooed on my sweet, bald scalp…

Right now feeling more alert than have in days, but could soon rectify that as Baileysmakesitbetter is beckoning…

Sophie xxxx

Sophie how about getting it tattooed on the bald lady that was garden instead of paying silly money for the merkins. XX

Oh, FAB idea - maybe I could get crystal piercings too - be properly vejazzled!!! Ouch, no no no no no…

Sophie xxxxxxxx

(Ooops, how many on this thread have NO idea what we’re talking about? lmao… weena, u bad girl xx)

The idea is to put em off girl not to make em think all their christmases had come at once! Bald LG’s seem to be too appealing as it is without trimming it up he he. XX

Hmm, this sounds too much like christmas trimming… now, tinsel would be scratchy, wouldn’t it!!! Now having idea of having ‘F***offI’mnotinthemood’ in LCD lights… On the other hand, as I really haven’t managed to shop for OH this year, I did ponder a pack of condoms… seeing as how on chemo we’re supposed to use them… that would make his eyes light up - doesn’t mean we ever have to USE them…lmao.

Sophie xxxxx

How funny!!! The LCD lights…i want some. Am getting crude visions of baubles dangling from lady bits now stop it. XX

It wasn’t Rioja, it was London Pride. Could someone please direct me to the Fullers Brewery closest to those woods? I’ll be a regular.

SO glad to see I’m not the only person “of a certain age” who can’t get enough of it. “Ha!You’veGotToBeJoking” doesn’t talk to me much, it’s HIM who’s not as keen on the whole carnal knowledge thing as I am, and that’s long before cancer stuck it’s nose in! (I think a jolly roger should be available on prescription!)

Night all, sweet dreams, and best of luck for tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that.

CM

Hello ladies,

Am struggling to sleep so have come on here & read last few posts & am now off to bed chuckling, thank you for cheering me up, speak to you all soon & thank you so much for your good wishes & am relieved to know that when I get to the edge of the woods it will be lit up like Santa’s grotto with the LCD lights, tinsel & baubles, save some Baileys for me:) Love Sarah.xxxxxx

I have been kindly let off the hook from ‘Ha!You’veGotToBeJoking’ as RAGINGTHRUSH has turned up!

Hurrah.

Oh well, least it takes my mind off the cancer.

x

Flippin gatecrashers - big hugs -

xxxxxxx

Choccie- rampant rabbit in the post for you!!

Staycalm i had that joy after my op. The buggers put iv antibiotics in me just prior to sending me off to sleep. Thank you very much!! As if i didnt have enough to contend with.

Merry christmas lovely ladies. Sarah hope all has gone well today and that your home in time for santa.

Love Debbie.
XXX

Got a phone call from my consultant this morning, the results of the MRI scan are through. My right breast is fine and clear, just lots of cysts, but we knew they were there and they don’t need anything doing to them. There’s another small “something” they want to look at on the left breast which is very close to the tumour we know about so I’m booked in for a biopsy next Friday, but that doesn’t change what she’s going to do. So I’m booked in for surgery on 10th Jan to remove the lump and a couple of nodes from under my arm, and if necessary remove the other thing if it turns out to be cancer as well. While I’m still under they do this OSNA thing, which means I don’t have to wait for test results on the nodes so they’ll know whether the nodes are affected and whether or not they have to clear more nodes. And of course if they do, it’s chemo for me as well.

Five minutes after I had the phone call I bumped into my GP who was walking into town, so we had a little open-air consultation and I told her what I’d been told. She’s really very good, and her words of encouragement were that if you’re going to get breast cancer, Guildford’s the place to get it as the Royal Surrey is a centre of excellence for breast cancer treatment. I have certainly been very impressed with what I’ve had so far. Take the positives wherever I can find them.

So while it’s not fantastic it’s not dreadful news, and at least I know when I’m heading into those woods. Bought my jim-jams, cotton bra and expander, and a couple of good books.

BringItOn is standing right beside me, and I intend to drown PityMePoorMe in copious quantities of alcohol in the next couple of days, In fact, my GP’s words were, “Drink up!”

Nope, that’s not ‘bad’ news in the scheme of things at all - good news on the right breast, and at least the dubious bit in the left is close to where they’ll be digging anyhow - so fingers crossed that that is all there is and your nodes are clear too. Great that they’ll find out straight away whilst you’re under - any waiting avoided is always a bonus!

So - go ahead, hang the christmas lights in the clearing and crack open the alcohol… make sure you’ve got enough for all the camp followers who might show up, but hoping that Havingablast is top of your guest list this Christmas.

Sophie xxxx

Tonight I will drink a toast to all us ladies and wish everyone a peaceful and happy Christmas with lots of love. Anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome and I am adding a nice little bottle of amontillado to the drinks cabinet xxxx

Adding my Christmas wishes and giving my thanks for all the virtural support I have found on here… may all our families and friends find some peace this Christmmas.

Camp fire is still burning, and would you believe it - I won a bottle of Baileys in a raffle yesterday!! bringing it along for all to share! Bottoms Up Girls ! (in the nicest possible way :wink:

P xx

Happy Christmas to all of us camped in the woods! I can see the fairy lights, hear the carols and the giggles of those on the Baileys/port/rum/brandy/mulled wine etc…just remember to recycle those bottles befor you break camp…heres to a fantastic and better 2011 xxx

Hi Girls,

Am all done & dusted, lump safely removed :slight_smile: Thank you for all your kind wishes & a Merry Christmas to you all, am off now for a lil Baileys as am sure I can spare one from the edge of the woods before bedding down :wink:

Love to you All

Sarah.xxxxx

Well done Sarah. Sleep tight xx

Fairy lights all round, ladies.

Sweet dreams to those still awake, hope you had sweet dreams to those who’ve woken up to new posts.

Lots of hugs (gentle where needed) to everyone.

Bol****ks to this rotten disease. Hope your day is in the company of “IReallyLoveYouVeryMuch” (wide-beam dispersement) and “I’mVeryHappyWhatever”.

Love and kisses,

CM

xxx (I’m one of those “I-really-really-love-you-you’re-a-great-mate-and-i-really-love-you-did-I-tell-you-that?” kind of drinkers, but it makes other people smile. Head will probably hurt tomorrow but I’ve enjoyed my Christmas Eve. Must remind people to REMOVE laptop before second bottle of wine next time…)