74.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“The Blue Tits” – For Support, Chitchat, Giggles (hopefully :))

66 REPLIES 66
delly

Re: THE BLUE TITS - Support, Chitchat, Giggles(hopefully :-)) whether "single" or not.

My apologies fellow "Booby Babes" 😉

Have been off Forum a while, just getting on with a mammooth "To Do" list from a no. of years of NOT doing, due to major mental probs. Finally got some MOJO back, so have been blummin making the most of it, tell yer. YEY Delly !😘

@Flossieboss - Yeh, as ALL Else and Sundry have seen your Boobies, so why the flip NOT Asda as well! In fact, why not do a whole tour - S'bury's, Tesco's, Co-op, Aldi's and Lidl etc. Get yourself sponsored and raise some money in the process!!!😆 

I soo hope "they" have cooled down by now and you haven't suffered any further probs from your treatments? I doubt exposing MYself in such a way, would cause ANYwhere NEAR the same "sensation" to onlookers as YOU, not having any to "flash"!!😄

Hope EVERYone else is keeping Well and doing OKAY?

Lots of Love to you ALL,  Doolally-Delly  xX❤️❤️❤️Xx  

Flossieboss

Re: THE BLUE TITS - Support, Chitchat, Giggles(hopefully :-)) whether "single" or not.

Thank you @Silver6  good advice re. Shower cap.

I could just go on a cruise right now! It's flippin throwing it down and cool here....

Happy jubilee ladies

Silver6

Well done to you Flossie! 20 sessions is a lot, not just the Rads but the driving back and forth to the Hospital. I completed 15 Rads sessions last week, but guess I am just lucky (this far) as I've had no problems, but I have to confess when on holiday whether on a Cruise or in a Hotel we always choose a private secluded balcony usually top floor and sunbathe 'au-natural' so I guess my Breasts are somewhat used to being 'radiated'.

Anyway, if it makes you feel more comfortable buy a bag of ice from Asda and 2 shower caps and fill them with ice whilst lying in the garden! Congratulations once again, such an achievement to get to the end of your Rad Treatment.

Silver6

Flossieboss

Anyone else feeling like whipping their boobs out in Asda?! Having just finished twenty sessions of radiotherapy and feeling like a piece of meat with zero dignity left and very hot boobs, I am sorely tempted to do my shopping in the freezer aisle with my knockers out. Proper blue tit then! Anyone else?!

delly

@Silver6 - Hi again lovey. @Xena wasn't saying she wasn't "interested" in Counselling. She was saying/meaning that she is interested in it for OTHER reasons, not because "it seems a nice profession just sitting listening whilst others talk through their 'problems'". To then see what opens up from, or with it. That was how I read what she said, and what she'd told me. And that she'd previously chosen to leave taking it up as a profession/training in it, until she gained more life experience.

@Caryl  - Glad you've now got a date for you knee "replacement" op. Are you not sleeping well because of your knee?? even though it's now less painful with the meds? Or is it something else??

@Dogwalker123/or should I call you "Slippery" Deb! 😄 - Well Done You 👏🥂 on getting through your rad treatments. Pleased it was only 5 for you. I didn't have to have it, but I've heard many other people on the Forum also say they had a "delayed" reaction, tiredness wise, or skin reaction wise. I think it must be VERY weird experience. What are you using on your skin?? 

A Smear too! Gawd - slippery boobs AND flashing your other bits! 😆  I never used to mind or think anything about having smears done.  Since menopause at 50 (now 63), they're flippin (polite F word!😁) uncomfortable to have, due to dryness - ouchy. So, all you've got left, intimate bits wise, is an ENEMA!!! 🤣 Sorry gals, I sometimes (OFTEN!!) have a very "BASE" sense of humour!

To turn to faaar more innocent, and off booby business, hadn't seen my Hogs in a long time. Thought they'd moved out of my garden to somewhere else. but my security light clicked on the night before last, and there was Hetty or Harry hog nibbling birdseed on my path. So I popped out with some hog food (similar to dried cat food kibbles). When it'd got dark tonight, I popped out to put some more down, and there were 3 of them were on the grass (not worthy of being called "lawn") !!! I got close enough to touch them, but didn't do. Just sprinkled some food in front of them. Things like that really give me such a ((( lift ))). I'm "SIMPLES", see. I just "love" animals, any critters really. Can't even squish slugs any more, these days. Keep picking them off my Peonies, and placing them in a designated slug "play n eat" area!

A soft loony or what??? 😜 "What" is probably the more apt of the TWO, ha ha.    

Shall leave you in peace from my ramblings now.

Lots of Love to you ALL, Doolally-Delly  xX❤️Xx 

Dogwalker123

Hello Delly and all the other ladies. Where have the last few weeks gone? 
The radiotherapy sessions were agreed at 5 rather than 15, good news but had all weekend to sweat on it first. Sessions 1,2 and 3 were fine then out of nowhere at session 4 the tiredness hit me, my daughter took me into number 5!! So, all finished on bank holiday Monday but have been absolutely wiped out, I assume this is usual. 
So much post treatment breast moisturising going on I am proper slippery, good job I don’t do pole dancing on the side.

And just when you think the entire world and his wife have seen your more intimate bits, had a routine smear yesterday!!

Hope everyone is well.

Deb

Caryl

Hi Delly and everyone 

sorry I’ve been quiet - having problems getting my knee pain under control but good news!  Having waited for surgery since February 2020 I have at long last got a date. June 5th. Hooray. Just hope it isn’t cancelled. Pain is better now although I’m not sleeping very well so permanently knackered. 

hope you are all well and doing OK xxx

delly

@Xena  - Hi sweetiepie. I hope you're enjoying your course so far. Also hope you come back on and tell us how it's going, as I'm really interested to know. How are things on the farm accommodation front?? Hope the cockerels aren't waking you up too early, with their "Cocka-Doodle-Doo"ing, hey? 😆

How are YOU doodle doing @Silver6? You feeling any better now ??

And @Dogwalker123, and @Caryl, are you both okay ??   

Lots of Love to everyone,  Delly-Doodle-Doo 😊 xX❤️Xx 

Xena

well I wish you all luck ladies in your various endeavours. This forum I think is not for me, I was hoping for chitchat and general supportive talk.

delly

Hi lovely none feathered Birds,

@Xena  - Hi Sweetie. I think counselling's a brill idea. I looked into it, back in 2004, when I had to give up my profession and business. Was aware of the massive rise in mental health problems. Much of that down to technology - its isolative effects, undermining communities effects, and computers replacing a lot of manpower, so increase in unemployment stress etc., etc. The NHS can't afford to employ enough counsellors to cope with it, so a lot of people are having to seek private counselling instead. I was wanting to do a combined post grad degree in Psychology, Psychotherapy + Counselling. But a whole series of major life brown stuff happened during the following 10 yrs, inc my 2 BCs, loss of both my parents, my brothers suicide, on top of having to lose my business, income, house, losses on two property refurbs due to two years delay with my BC, then the "Property Crash" (could NOT have been worse timing!), and finally developing a sh***y progressive hand disorder.  So despite me gaining a load of experience of all of that, and developing a huge compassion for others going through the same, it all left me with my own serious mental probs. Ironically, I then wasn't in a fit mental state to pursue it ☹️ Don't feel I'm stable enough any more. Plus feel it's a bit too late now at 63, to invest the time into it, it being a lengthy process if not by a degree, which I now can't afford anyway. Sooo, I need to get this "Fifty Shades" type best-seller written!!!😁 OR get some voice training lessons for that X Factor/BGT entry 🤔

I hope you enjoy it, and it goes well for you, Xena. I think it'll be very stimulating. I also think it may help you better able to cope with your loss and grief, as it's teaching you methods in how to help others cope with theirs. Good for you, darlin'.

My legs fine now, thanks. Well apart from being very sore from Fridays Covid booster, with me having to have jabs in my thigh, as oppo arm. I have a massive bruise on the "other" leg, from another more recent fall 🙄, so didn't want it in that one (Yeh, I know, Dipsy-Delly!!😜) It's taken me since last Aug to get around to it!! so at least I've got it "ticked off" a looong list.

My leg wasn't the reason for not driving - need to get an eye lasered, so that's "one" of the next things to sort. Need a new specs prescription, but not much point until the lasering's done, as it'll change it again. Can't recognise people waving and shouting "Hello" at me!! Have to keep getting up close to peer at them, and read things. I'm managing without driving, at the mo' as I'm only a convenient 15 mins walk from the town for anything. Plus I talk to people more (or should that be annoy 'em! 😛). If I want to do a major shop, I'll jus have to get a taxi, but I'm quite happy to restrict myself to one bag each arm, do it more often and get the extra exercise. Need it.

I've felt totally washed out today, day 2 after jab, and that was after a good 9 hours sleep! Anyone else have many side effects after their booster?? But forced myself to get out and at least do some more garden (jungle) tidying, so I'm beginning to see and enjoy the improvements. 

I love Spring with all the daffs, tulips, crocuses, cherry blossom, but May is my most favourite month. It's a bit warmer, and all the Lilies, Peonies and Magnolias start bursting out in bloom. I have two masses of big headed Peonies. I soo love them, along with Magnolias ❤️. One's dark pink, the other's light pink. Always snip some to have in the house, and give to friends/neighbours. I used to love Summers, but can't take the heat ever since menopause sent my body thermostat haywire with hot flushes. Shame, but just keep myself in the shade.

Hope you're all enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend, girls.

Loads of lovey-dovey, Dellywelly xX❤️Xx

P.s. - I have 3 redundant laptop batteries to get rid of. Anyone know where you dispose of them? xXx  

Silver6

Hi Xena

Oh I am sorry, I must have misunderstood, I thought you were interested in Counselling; Life Coaching or Advocacy, I obviously had misunderstood.  I was also unaware of the loss of your granddaughter, I can't begin to imagine how one comes to terms from such a loss. (((Hug))).

Silver6

Xena

@Silver6  I don’t think counselling sounds nice because it’s sitting listening to people. My degree in Psychology covered a year of basic counselling. I’ve chosen to leave it until I have way more life experience behind me before I take this step. This is a ten-week level 2 course. 
One of the things I am very conscious of is having no-one at home to unpack with afterwards - so I am interested to see what the course leads me to conclude. 
I’m not stupid and the course leaders vet you before you start to decide if you’re suitable, or at the right stage, to attend. Thank you for your concern but all the many points you’ve raised have been considered 

The death of my granddaughter is of far more concern to me as something to unearth than my cancer journey to be honest. I journaled my cancer treatment, posting a blog every day throughout the treatment, and of course these are now coming up for review now two years down the line. Journaling how I think and feel does not phase me.

Silver6

Good morning or is it afternoon already?

Xena - Your latest venture into Counselling sounds like another exciting move for you, and I'm certain you will enjoy the experience, but a word of caution, any good course in Counselling is no picnic, its quite the emotional roller coaster, so you yourself have to be absolutely certain your head is in the right place to undertake the possible 'baring of your soul' and 'exposing yourself emotionally' such a Course exposes you too. Be realistic and ask yourself, should you perhaps defer taking this course for one year, as Breast Cancer in itself is emotionally draining.  Do you honestly feel ready to 'unpack' your own emotional baggage to total strangers (other students) so soon on this course? An alternative interim path you could consider is applying for a post with the Samaritans.

They offer excellent Training, you would be well supported and could commit to as many or as few shifts as you feel able to do, if the Trainers think you yourself are not ready yet to undertake the training, they will be honest and tell you so.  If accepted however, it would enable you to get up to speed on your 'Listening' rather than 'offering advice' skills which have to be kept in check with the Samaritans.  You would also be in contact with a broad spectrum of people/problems. Of course the Samaritans would be 'investing' their time and money into your Training, therefore you have to commit to staying with them (on a rota shift basis) for a few years.

I know Counselling seems a nice profession just sitting listening whilst others talk through their 'problems', but it is also extremely tiring mentally; physically and emotionally.  One has to be Fit and Well in all of those areas to be a good Counsellor, I guess its a bit like running a Marathon rather than a 5K.  Any professional Counsellor will tell you, your first priority is to keep yourself safe and well. Honestly, I'm not lecturing, I'm just concerned that you are aware such a course involves Students' active participation.

Silver6

Xena

@delly  How’s your leg healing? Are you feeling safe to drive now?

Xena

@Dogwalker123  Hope your appointment went well x

I’ve already mentally moved on despite still having a month to go in this rental 😂 it’s A Thing for me, but makes transitions way easier! Currently still making sure everything is shut down and wiped off from the house sale earlier this month.

ooh , I start being a student again next week! Way back when I did my degree, I always wanted to go into counselling - but at that stage as a middle class white girl with no life experiences I felt I was of limited use to anyone. Now, at 56, I’m a bit more rounded so am going back to college to get my NCFE in Counselling. I’m going to see how it goes, what pathways open up - just now I’m open to counselling, life coaching, advocacy type roles. Probably volunteering. We’ll see!

I figure my CV looks ok from years and years of full time working to a “break” over covid and cancer, now getting myself onto a course is the right time to do that. Looking forward to it - and of course it’s a way for me to meet people locally and make new friends 

@Silver6 @More sunbathing?! Do you also have a family do booked? I am a fan of a good garden party, my patio furniture has a lot of stories it could tell 😂

Hope everyone is doing well 

Silver6

Hi everyone,

It's been a glorious sunny day here but not warm enough to sit out in. I listened to Peter White on YouTube, think I would have to be on holiday to really get into it his music, but he does seem popular. 

Delly you might be right about the 'broken' power washer as it isn't sitting in the garbage pile awaiting disposal, it's back in the hut plus Hubby took the day off to meet friends and have a nice lunch with a bottle or three of vino!  Hmmmmmm I think I smell a rat!

Is this the Bank Holiday Weekend coming up? My decking had better be totally refurbished with garden furniture all back in place before the Bank Holiday Heatwave arrives, because I intend donning my shorts and sunbathing whilst pretending to myself I am somewhere exotic! Ok I know it will probably pour with rain, but I can dream!

Silver

delly

Hi, Blue Tits

Hi @Caryl  - Good to see yer, lovey. Wasn't pressuring you to post. Just wanted to know how you were, and let you know you were being thought about, is all. Glad you're doing okay. Hope the church fashion sale goes well. What is it for? A charity, or much needed cathedral funds?? I'm envious on the wildlife outside your window. Mind you, saying that, considering I have a small town house garden, I do pretty well on variety of birds and 3 squirls. Oh, and Hedgehogs. Don't get any sheep or lambs though. I'd quite like a couple, as consistent lawnmowers, as oppo inconsistent me and machine! 😆   

@Xena  - Oooo Yes, had a look. The farm accommodation looks really nice. I loved the South Downs area. Was very nicely surprised by, when I had a walking hol down there a few years ago now. Are you doing okay, lovey??

@Silver6and @Dogwalker123  - I was thinking about you both this afternoon, when a Bazza and Babs track came on - "I wont Be The One To Let You Go"!

Dogwalker - A FOUR HOUR LUNCH!!! Cocktails AND wine!! Ha Ha Hee. Deserves a Delly "Crikeybobs" - Oops sorry, did you say it was "therapy"?!! Ah Well, that's different then!! 🤣 I've never drunk a cocktail in my life, but I have to say, I popped in to say Hi to a friend who runs a town pub here, and I kept seeing Expresso Martinis frequently going past. They "looked" Delly-cious 😋 Am gonna have to try one, sometime.  Btw, did you go by train, with you saying you'd "booked"?  Hope Mum appreciated her roast dinner.   Sooo, how did your appointment go Monday???

@Silver6  - I've been joining you for tonight's Delly Bop. I've decided I'm going to do it DAILY! Does me sooo much good. That plus singing! (Need to keep practicing for X Factor/BGT). Well get you on Babyface! Make a point of listening to his "Return of the Tender Lover" album. Tell me what you think of it? All this bopping (gardening, walking, and going "upstairs" exercises) has all helped my leg. It's fine now, thanks darlin'. 

I'm haven't driven since last Aug, due to an eye problem that needs lasering, so have held off new specs prescription till it's sorted. But couldn't make the laser appointments, so I may get new specs anyway, if it'll enable me to drive in the meantime. If not, obviously I'll have to get back into the hosp system again, and hope I can get to it next time round. Had gone into a major mental "dive" (as happens with Bi-P), plus also partly having to train into Manchester, and getting from there to the hosp. I opted to go to the M/c Eye hosp, as there's a very looong waiting list at the local Macc hosp for eye treatments. Backfired anyway.

Mmmm, I'm wondering if your pressure washer really has packed in, or your hubby was just using it as an excuse to take a break?!! 😆

Any of you ladies like Latin Jazz?? Even if you don't think you do, have a listen to "Caravan of Dreams" by Peter White, guitarist extraordinaire. Everyone I've introduced to him and the album, so far, has "loved" it. Great dance "stuff", plus a couple of quieter romantic tracks. Hope you ENJOY.

Lots of love to EVERY one,  Dellypoos  X❤️X

Silver6

Deb - Look forward to hearing how you get on at Hospital, keep strong and don't be brushed off in your quest for answers.

Caryl - If I was closer to you I would have answered your email for clothes.  I need a clear out as I've lost two stone and everything hangs on me.  Cathedral sounds a lovely place for your 'New to You' Fashion show.  Good luck!

I am about to give up on Online Shopping. I Ordered two glass panels for my double oven, one arrived perfect condition, the second like sugar crystal, now waiting for a replacement.  Ordered Bath Sheets what I received was smaller than Bath towels now I have the inconvenience of reparcelling and try to get a refund!

Ordered Black Boot cut Jeans size 12 swamped me, so reordered in Size 10, but I couldnt get one leg into them! Singe surgery I've tried to get a comfortable supportive bra but now have so many unused bras I could start a Lingerie shop!

Anyone else had trouble online shopping, or does anyone recommend a good website with a size range that is actually what it states on the label?

Silver6

Dogwalker123

Afternoon ladies another lovely day with lots of sunshine!

Great day out shopping in Liverpool yesterday plus a 4hour lunch in the sun at las iguanas with cocktails, wine and me having a good moan to my bestie. With best friend therapy and this forum I can honestly say I am feeling much better and preparing to challenge the oncologist tomorrow about faffing around with my radiotherapy! Sometimes a kick up the ass from non family really works, thank you ladies for your support and general comments and let’s see what tomorrow brings.

Just waiting for Yorky puds to brown (Bit untraditional as having lamb and not beef but who cares?🤷) and as I am in a good mood the dragon gets a plate of roast dinner which I will drop off tomorrow!

Enjoy your evening all

Deb

Caryl

Sorry Everyone, I'm so busy at the moment, not that I am doing much but I'm organising a sustainable fashion show with some friends at the Cathedral.  You'd be amazed at how difficult it is to get people to respond to an email, or perhaps you wouldn't!!  It's their chance to display their clothes to the good people of Norwich and make a few sales but they are too busy to answer our emails!!

Other than that life goes along at a gentle pace.   We have had fab weather recently and I have been sitting in my garden, sometimes wearing a coat.  And sheep have arrived outside my window, baby lambs, all very rural!

Hope you are all keeping well, and promise I will do my best to respond to your questions!

love  Caryl

Silver6

Sorry, but my Tablet has decided to rename Delly

Sally!!!!!!!

Silver6

Sally I'm in the garden with my headphones on having a "boppy" listening to BabyFace on Spotify, don't know name of Album, but track he is singing is about Miami and by a strange coincidence I'm having some Mango juice which was my preferred poolside drink when in Miami, so it's bringing back lots of great memories with sun on my back; taste/smell of the fresh Mango juice and the Miami music vibe! I'm back there!

Husband has so far washed the patio and some of the paths but alas the power washer has died!!! Typical, story of my life these past 12 months, and now he is sawing up the mountain of branches on the lawn, occasionally looking up and shaking his head as I 'bop' to BabyFace and sip my Mango juice. Lol.

Xena I'm seriously envious of your planned month in a farm cottage, sounds blissful AND you have a cat! Bliss.

Something for a future holiday Im thinking!

Sally - why are you carrying shopping if you have a car and you drive? You have a groin injury you're still recovering from!

TEFL - Remember to do the two course ie language and grammar, gives you an edge on other TEFL Teachers. Also you are NOT limited to your own area, set up your own website and teach students from across the globe just figure out the safest 'banking' system for payments. Do not deviate from lesson though as YOUR time is Money! Don't be soft hearted,if a student pleads poverty, do NOT offer free Lessons. Its their money, their choice to EAT or learn English, it's not your problem. Sounds harsh but you do get a lot of folk trying to take advantage! I'm getting back to my bop!

Silver

delly

Hi "Tweeties" (as oppo "Sweeties" 😊

@Xena  - Hi. Ah, ref Whamageddon explanation. The brief piece I read, said it's all about you having to "avoid" hearing "Last Christmas"? That right? The farm - so yeh, it seems a good "short term" solution for you and your puss. I'll have a look.

@Silver6  - How are you feeling now? You feeling any stronger, better?? Hope you're husband's okay after his antics yesterday too, is he?

I got more done in two hours this morning, than all of yesterday put together. Am just having a coffee, before walking into town to get more supplies, to feed the you know whats >🐦 Soft, daft or what? I need the exercise anyway. I'm not driving at the moment, otherwise I'd be buying bulk sizes, hence I keep running out. Don't want to have to be lugging heavy bags, but light ones aren't doing me any harm. I think I should set up a Sunflower seed and mealworm farm!

Actually, Silver, when I previously mentioned I was thinking of a hol, animal work volunteering, that was an interesting suggestion of yours about the TEFL. See, you planted a seed, darlin' 🤔  I'm not thinking from a working abroad point of view, though, but for in this country viewpoint. I'd have to check around to see what the "call" for such around here would be, as to whether I think it worth doing. But thanks for that. 

Right, I'm off for those Tweety supplies. Hope you're both okay @Dogwalker123 and @Caryl??   Lots of love to EVERY one,  DoolallierbythedayDelly  xX❤️Xx    

Xena

@delly  Wow there’s a lot of things to wake up to!

Whamageddon is an online game you go to Whamhalla if you fall before midnight on Christmas Eve. I’ve been playing it with friends for a few years now. I’m not sure the right conclusion is “oh you’re a massive George Michael fan” 😂 Though George was from around Watford way, which is where I grew up, and is the right era for me so I do like his stuff yes. Elton is another one from around there - and Victoria Beckham. Where I grew up, Val Doonigan  lived down the road - not quite as trendy as some of the others!! 🤣

Living on a farm - I did a Google search via Airbnb and booking.com for places that take pets, nothing more exciting than that. I know I can’t rent for less than six months, so it’s no good me looking at “proper” leases. It’s falling right for me (I hope) though as the owner has some leeway on when I can stay til, so less stress about exactly when the house is ready. It’s not exactly a cheap option, but it’s better than being homeless.

you can look it up if you like, it’s called Old Flower Fields in Hurstpierpoint.

delly

@Xena  - I meant to say to you - How thoughtful and lovely of you, taking your daughter "cupcakes", rather than chocolate, so she could "share" them with her fellow housemates. x❤️x

delly

Hi Blue Tits

Erm @Silver6 , my apologies. I got you mixed up with another thread postee, ref Covid. Only Sweet n Sour sauce tonight - honest missus, or occifer 😃  Ha Haa, yeh £250 for a Harry Hill video!  BUT . . . most of them are relatively "harmless" ones (may look painful, but not seriously?). Whereas, what your hubby's doing??? Ahhhhhh!

I'm having another "boppy" night. @Xena  - gotcha on you obviously being a fan of Gorgeous "George"(Michael). Don't know what other kinds of music you like. I'm a bit of a soul, funk, modern jazz gal. I'm, as I speak, listening to (and bopping to 😉) a "BabyFace" album, one of two I have. "Return of the Tender Love". The other, a collaboration with the sultry voiced Toni Braxton, "Love and Marriage"! Learned about him from reading cd sleeves. He did a lot of work with Madge (Madonna), Toni Braxton, and a load of other huge names. Have a listen. Tell me what you think about. May not be your cuppa, glass or !/2 pint?

Lots of lurrrv to EVERY one,  xX❤️Xx  

Silver6

Delly - I think you must have been on the 'Sauce' and I don't mean Sainsbury 's as I've never (fingers crossed) had Covid. I think I've had every other virus/infection known to man and beast since my Surgery, but fortunately not Covid.

Another beautiful day and my husband decided that instead of relaxing in the sun, he would become a Lumber Jack for the day! Out came the extension ladders; various lethal saws including a power saw (OMG!) And up the ladder he went to chop off high overhanging branches. Well the Trees were swaying, the ladder was swaying and I was on my Tablet looking up 'First Aid for a broken neck or an amputated leg'. Huge branches were clattering down whilst thin spindly ones were tangling between ladder and whizzing electric saw.

My heart was in my mouth I was saying "So who exactly is going to drive me for three solid weeks to my RT appointments if you fall off that ladder?" I texted my boys two of whom replied with the exact same thing "If you video the fall you will get £250 for it!" Such odd sense of humour : ( wonder who they take that from? Now I have a clear canopy above the Decking, but a mountain amount of lobbed branches on the Lawn!  Deep breath, keep calm, keep calm ............

Silver

delly

Hi @Xena 

I think that's great, that you're rad treatments were "tamed down", so to speak. That they're now finding that More, isn't necessarily better, so the side effects (to skin and such) aren't going to be as bad. It's the same with PRE chemo, or the neo adjuvant hormones that are being found to have quite amazing effects to SHRINK tumours, prior to surgery. WHAT?!! How Blummin fantastic.

@Dogwalker123, I still can't understand with you Debs. WHY has this discussion/ discrepancy in your rads treatments happened when your specialist/consultant has gone away on holiday?? Why wasn't it discussed in such a way beFORE?? I find it all rather strange, I'm afraid. And, Yes, as both @Silver6 and @Xena have said, if it were me, I'd definitely be questioning it.

Xena - How are YOU doing, girl?? Hope all's going ahead with the house sale? I'm intrigued, how on earth did you find, or come across a temporary, inbetween "bolt-hole" at a farm, to see you through until your move into new house? Was it someone you knew, or a friend of a friend? Or maybe your agents "know" of?

How's your l'il grandchild? Sorry, couldn't remember if a G' son or daughter? I had to laugh at your mention of Whamageddon!? I presumed it to be somethin to do with Wham, but had to look it up!!

@Silver6  - How are you doing, flower? Have you got rid of Covid, now?? And are you doing okay otherwise? and just (JUST?) waiting on your rads treatments to begin?

Am currently sat, enjoying some daft, FUN, lighthearted Saturday night tv, with Britain's Got Talent !!! having eaten the rest of my last night's big pan of home cooked Sweet n Sour salmon and mixed seafood (prawns, mussels and "lots" of Susie Squid 😁) with rice. Hav'ta say, Aldi's S n S sauce is tastier than S'bury's. But ALL was better with the extra amount of garlic I added, along with mango chutney for some extra ZAP! Yummee.

Lots of lovey-dovey to EVERY one, Dellywelly  xX❤️Xx

Xena

@Dogwalker123  I wouldn’t stress too much about 15 or 5 sessions if you can. 
They’ve only just moved treatments - I had my radiotherapy in December 2020 and my sister’s was December 2019. I benefitted from a trial that had only concluded in April 2020 that meant I only had 5 sessions. She had the traditional 15. 

it’s not about it being “three times as much”. At all. It’s about the distribution of factors across your treatment and diagnosis as to whether only 5 sessions will be sufficient or if they stick with the more traditional version which is 15. 
there’s a load of information on CancerUK and NICE and WHO if you are the kind of person who likes to know the detail of everything - if you are the kind of person who prefers less, just ask your BCN if you have any concerns.

I have to say I didn’t find radiotherapy to be difficult - except that they had the radio on and it was December and I play Whamageddon and I was out on the first thanks to the radio in radio!

delly

Hi Girlywirlys 😆

I'd have been on a bit sooner. Had intended to treat you to a photo of said handsome Robert Redford, as he looked back then in The Way We Were, but none of them will allow me to copy 'em. All "stock" photos, so have to pay to copy 'em. Sorry about that 😞

Ahh @Dogwalker123 Debs. What a strange carry on. Ha ha, listen to Silver going on, bless! Think you should send her over to sort them out for you, Debs 😉 In fact, I think we should vote her in to take place of Boris!! 😊

I'm sorry you've been all revved up waiting to start your rads, then suddenly switched off.

Did you go for a days outing (nearly put "pouting"! That as well given your let down) to Liverpool? When you said "booked", I didn't know if you meant for a weekend break?? Anyway, hope it's helped make up for it? I really like Liverpool. You smell the "sea air" whilst you're walking around (unlike Manchester and traffic fumes!). It has a nice atmosphere, and full of beautiful buildings too. I've only ever been to look at things, Walker Gallery, Albert Docks, the buildings, cathedrals and such, etc. Have never actually been shopping there, so I've no idea what it's like in that respect. Is it good for shopping? I REALLY like the South side of the Wirrel too, if I fancy a sea air walk. It's the nearest nicest bit of coast to us here. Really pretty in parts. Lovely views across the Dee estuary, over to Snowdonia on a clear day.

Yes thanks, @Silver6, we ALL enjoyed it, yesterday. Had a good giggle too. I stayed and sat with Pat in the garden for another hour afterwards, having a cheeky wine 😋  I particularly love Blue flowers too. We passed lots of Bluebells out in the woods yesterday. Both my Mum and Granny were quite nutty about bluebells at this time of year. Must be in my genes! Yes, the "nutty" bit as well! (OY, I heard you all 🤣 X) 

Thought we might have seen a few lambikins around on our the journey, but they must have been hiding. I must make a point of going back to the petting farm. Go and have a cuddle with one again. Gorgeous l'il things.

So did you do any power washing, Silver? Or were you lying on your new lounger again, woman 😜 Yeh, I'm the same with "thinking" of my jobs that need doing, but NOT doing >> 🤔  I chuckled at your G'kids upside down bulbs!    

It's been a gorgeous afternoon here. Very cool blustery wind earlier. I've just been lolloping around today, as didn't make it to bed last night (naughty), so have been tired. But DID get on with a few jobs, despite. Mind you, I spent blummin ages trying to sort out my laptop security upgrade. Don't know if I've done it right now, either. Flippin technology. I'm going up in a bit, though. Need to put myself on recharge.

Right I'm off. Speak to you all soon. X❤️X   

Silver6

@Debs - Gosh I think that's sooooo concerning one Clinical Onocologist says 5 RT sessions and another says he/she thinks it should be 15 sessions!  If it was a couple more ok but they are tripling it! I would DEMAND a THIRD Senior Clinical Onocologist reviews both recommendations and only then do you start your RT.  Email/phone Clinical Psychologists Secretary and TELL THEM that's what YOU need before you can confidently move forward on this, as you need the correct amount of sessions and not some Consultants 'second guess'.

I had Invasive BC with Lymphnoids affected, therefore I can understand why I need 15 sessions, but I spoke with a number of persons to clarify that as I wouldn't accept one person's judgement when it comes to MY Treatment.  But then that's me.

Delly - Your Birthday Treat of lunch out for your two elderly friends sounded great AND you had the weather too! I like the sound of the plant you chose .... I have to say any plant that has Blue flowers on it I tend to buy.  I'm looking forward to the Bluebells coming out in the garden.

Two of my granddaughters (identical twins) were helping to put new daffodil bulbs in their garden and not one came up this Spring, whereas their Dad's were all in full bloom. He thinks they must have planted them upside down!  I said "Never mind, the Australians will be enjoying them!"

Beautiful sunny day, I may get the power wash out and do the paths, but there again I may just fall asleep in the garden if it'd warm enough .... What a life, my head is full of work I should be getting on with but don't!

Silver6

Dogwalker123

Morning Delly, really kind of you to remember my start date!! Unfortunately that has now been changed to next Tuesday. Got a call late yesterday to say that as my specialist is on holiday two others have reviewed the treatment plan and one felt I should have 15 sessions rather than the planned 5 so they are starting me off on Tuesday when the longer sessions usually begin and my spec can make the final decision on Monday. 
Not the best news so have booked tickets to Liverpool gif me and my bestie for drinks and shopping to take my mind off it.

How are you on this somewhat overcast Friday?

delly

@Dogwalker123  - Hey Debs, I have the 22nd etched in my mind?! Hope all goes well for your 1st radiotherapy treatment today. Umph, and gulp. I'd be frightened. Then. . . .be soo glad I'd got that 1st one under my belt, and so then have some KNOW about the rest ❤️ You can do this

@Silver6  - YES, Pats friend and I BOTH took our Queenie's twin (bar 3 yrs) out for a lovely lunch. Weather could not have been more perfect. Just to the local garden centre, which is in a pretty village and countryside out of town, and has a lovely, light bright restaurant/cafe. But also has a large outdoor seated area. So, yes, she seemed to have an enjoyable day and lunch, thank you. "I" enjoyed it tooo! She likes her plants, so I gave her a BLUE Hibiscus plant (c/o ALDI!) for on her patio. I've only ever seen RED ones growing abroad, so I'm keen to see this Blue one when it flowers.

@Xena - I was saying to Silver in an email, I'm a bit like Babs Streisand, as she is "Her Barry"! I've recently been having a bit of a "Babs Fest", having 13 of her cds 🙄 I don't know why, but I've been "off on one". Even watched "The Way We Were" on tv the other night. Havta say, girls, Robert Redford was looking his MOST gorrrgeous in it. Phworrr or what?!!!😋 (Down Delly!)  Babs was also looking pretty good in it too, though.

Has anyone heard from @Caryl? Come and say "Hello" when you've a min, Caryl. How are you doing, lovey.

Lotsa lurrrrv,  Dellypoos  xX❤️Xx

delly

Hey Blue Tits (I'm still not sure about our thread title?, but also giggle at it, so maybe it's "right"!!)

@Xena  - Ref your Mum, I have to applaud you, girl, holding your tongue at times. Mums 'ey??!! Sooo glad you had such a good day with your daughter. Do you think she thinks the same about you, as you your Mum?? I'm teasing, darlin! No matter how much she may "irk" you, "treasure" her at the same time. Can't tell yer how much I miss my "ROCK", however "mildly" annoying she was at times. She "boils your toffee" - Ha ha, that's such an apt term of phrase! @Silver6 's may have been "Gobbled my cream egg"!! 😆

I'm repeating my Manets Olympia picture of Silver falling asleep on her decking, rather than pressure washing it? Ho-ho. She obviously knows how to "work" her hubby, me thinks, hey? Oh, and note, she's "topless" AGAIN 🙄 😝 I love yer really, Silver ❤️ !!! 

delly_0-1650580223648.jpeg 

Xena

@Silver6  My kids never ate their chocolate so I didn’t feel that bad finishing it off 🤣 I think I instigated a rule that after say two weeks, it went in the snack cupboard and was fair game for anyone. I took my daughter Easter cupcakes this weekend rather than chocolate as a result! Plus if she doesn’t want to eat them all (she’s very healthy conscious) she can share them with her housemates or take them into work. I feel like cakes or biscuits work much better for communal snacking than chocolates.

yeah I think you’re right, I think once you’ve had three lots of antibiotics they tend to think you’re done. Might be that you’re in a slightly different position with being post surgery I suppose.

god that’s reminded me, I had the most horrendous antibiotics when I broke my wrist and got an infection in the bone after the surgery. They were brown and tasted horrible and well the effects seemed in line with brown and horrible. I’ll leave it to your imagination!

Energy levels are coming back up yes - it’s been more than six months since any treatment, and 18 months since the surgery/chemo/radio so I’m feeling pretty healthy. Being in a new health care area at this point, I’m finding they look at me as if “why the chuff are you here?” when I go for appointments 🙂

Silver6

OMGosh Xena! Where do you get your energy from? You drive to Wales and back in one day and the next you drive 80 miles to see your Mum!!! If you could bottle it and sell it you'd make a fortune.  You were so lucky with the weather, and a nice pub lunch with your daughter sounds perfect, infact I'm quite envious. Lol. Did you take your little cat with you? What is her/his name?

Big celebration for me today (drum roll) I finished my THIRD course of Antibiotics! Fingers and toes crossed that I do not get a fourth infection, I think I've reached my maximum number of antibiotics now, so not sure what the options would be.

Having cleared everything off the decking to Power wash it, I was then too exhausted to even set the washer up, so I sat down and promptly nodded off in the sun!  My husband came home and couldn't figure out why the decking was cleared of furniture and why I was sitting in the middle of the lawn sound asleep!

So that's Easter over, anyone got any  uneaten chocolate eggs? I enjoyed my little Cadbury's Cream Egg with a nice cup of coffee, it was such a treat! I do remember when the family were young and they had lots of half eaten eggs, on the first day they were back at school I'd start taking little little bits off each egg and then going back and forth between them until basically crumbs were left and they'd ALL accuse me of eating their eggs! What, ME? ..... No never!!! Lol.

Silver6

Xena

Heellllloooooooo ladies! 
🤔 I’m more Thelma and Louise than Louise Hamilton I think. Wales was lovely, beautiful weather beautiful daughter beautiful pub grub. I did well.

along with the theme of the chat, I got up at 6 this morning to nip up to my mum’s (she’s about 80 miles away around the M25) as the Virgin Media man was coming sometime this morning to upgrade her phone to a VOIP. It was faaaarrrr too early to have a conversation about why no I would not be phoning the managing director of the building firm building my house to explain I was a woman living alone who needs special treatment 🙄 My mum has never worked, I am actually doing really well most of the time at controlling my temper talking to her, but out-dated views and unprofessional things really boil my … er… toffee.

My mum is mid 80s and not in good health - she has heart failure, kidney disease and a few other odds and sods - and I don’t know where I get my optimism from because it’s definitely not inherited 🤣 We have spoken on the phone every day since the beginning of lockdown, when is also when I got my diagnosis, and she is capable of finding the bad in everything. I’ve only put the phone down on her a few times, to be fair one was whilst in the middle of a cocked up chemo session (they lost my bloods and I had to go back the next day) and she was telling me off for something that hadn’t actually happened. My version of hanging up is “mum, I can’t have this conversation with you right now, bye”. It’s not that rude.

Mums eh!

delly

Hi Easter Birds 🐦 (as oppo Bunnies🐇)

@Dogwalker123  - Ha Ha - enjoy your chocolate today 😋  NObody is going to accept a BC diagnosis well, Deb.  It's blummin hard, isn't it lovey. But I can understand what you mean on the resistance to take tabs when you're Mum happily "pops" them!  Awww, that's so good of you to take Mum shopping every week, however much it "irks" you 🙄 I can remember trying and trying to get my Mum interested in joining things and getting out more. But finally stopped trying, and just let her be. I lived 40 mins away, so it was a saving grace that she lived in a small close of houses and had some lovely neighbours who popped in and included her in a few things. Apart from going to a weekly quiz at a local pub, she spent a lot of time watching tv. Had her "boyfriends" - Alan Titchmarsh, John Thaw(Morse), Phillip Glennister, secret long time crush Ken Barlow (Corrie)!! and the likes, so I bought her a larger screen tv!  Ohh No, it's faar to big!! (32" so still small compared to some of the giant ones these days) However, she soon changed her mind about it and enjoyed it that much more 😊

After Dad died, I took her up to the Lakes for a special Mothers Day lunch at a hotel I'd heard good things about. The whole day was perfect. As well as taking in the stunning scenery, the hotel was lovely, the lunch was lovely, the staff were all lovely. They even provided a little plant gift for Mums. The place was nicely worn around its edges, which made it very comfortable and relaxed, with no airs and graces. They had their Xmas brochures already printed up! and on display, so we sat looking at these whilst having our after lunch coffee. We both commented on how "reasonable" the prices were, compared to other Lakes hotels. As it was our first Xmas without Dad, we WENT. And that was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Again, everything was perfect. It was soo the right thing to do, AND to be amongst other company too - Mum absolutely SHONE 😊  We loved it so much, we went every Xmas after that, and for a couple of birthday breaks too. We were greeted like old friends. 

I spent a very special 50th birthday break there with my last partner. With it being January and low season, once they found out it was my 50th, they upgraded our room to a "suite" at no extra cost, and provided a complimentary bottle of champagne with dinner on my actual birthday night. Followed by a cake and candles. Had the whole dining room singing "Happy Birthday" 😍  Eeeeee, such an enjoyable fuss.

I haven't been back, since Mum died. I sent them a letter to inform them of her death, with a lovely photo of her and I to remind them who we were, and just to tell them how much we'd enjoyed ALL our breaks there. How "special" the hotel had become to us. I had a surprise call from the Manageress to say how sorry she was to hear about Mum, followed a couple of days later by the delivery of a beautiful bouquet of flowers from the hotel!!! What a kind thing to do ❤️

I had a look at their website recently, and it's all now been refurbished. Plus the prices have gone up quite dramatically. I have it mind to go back for a short break, even if it's on my own. I know it won't be the same, but I'd just love to have a look at the place now.

@Silver6  - I popped to my neighbours yesterday, purposely to ask if she had any plans for her "actual" birthday, on Thursday. That if she hadn't, I'd like to take her out somewhere, if she'd like to. She said she's not bothered to do anything for it! But WHAT 93 - NO Delly WAY is she going to NOT, if I have anything to do with it!  As I mentioned in my earlier post, perhaps a nice country pub lunch (lots of lovely ones around here) and a "gentle" walk - the "gentle" being for limpy-leg me, not the amazingly fit 93yr old!!! Also, we share similar passions, she loves her classical music and art, so I've a few ideas I'm playing around with - Walker gallery at Liverpool which houses one of the best collections of Pre-Raphaelite, which we both love. Lady Lever gallery at the lovely Port Sunlight village. Anyway, she's not sure if friends have anything planned for her yet, so she's going to let me know. If they have, then I'll arrange it for another day. She can have a "prolonged" celebration then.

I've been listening to and really enjoying Classic FM on and off over the 4 day Easter period. Has become a bit of a tradition with me. They have a four day countdown of the publics top 300 favourite pieces.

Same here, Silver, on the excitement?? I'm just off to walk into town for some more bird supplies - just to get a bit of exercise on my leg, really.

Lots of love to EVERY one,  from Dellys-Diner-for-Tweetypies X❤️X             

Silver6

Hi Deb - I think some Mother/daughter relationships can be very challenging, particularly if the daughter has or had a close bond with her Father. I can empathise with you as after my Father passed on, my Mother had a long list of 'fictional' ailments and took to her bed. She was eventually diagnosed with Dementia and became verbally aggressive.  To help reduce the stress on yourself consider just doing an online shop. No doubt she will protest, but say that's all you can offer and have it delivered to her. If she is unable to do food prep, then arrange for a company like Wiltshire Farm Foods to deliver preprepared meals directly to her Freezer.  You could take her out for the occasional lunch/coffee instead of shopping, and it might be less stressful for you if you try and rope in a third person relative/friend to come along too. Start putting yourself first and foremost as your Mother is never going to change. Therefore if you have absolutely no expectations of her being either interested or supportive of you at this difficult time in your life, you may find it less difficult to ignore her 'emotional blackmail' and concentrate on getting yourself well. (((Hug)))

Xena - How was your day out with your daughter in Wales? You must have been exhausted driving all the way to Wales and back! Wow, maybe we should call you Louise Hamilton lol. 

Delly - I'm sure your chat/coffee with your elderly neighbour brightend up her day! Do you intend popping in to wish her Happy Birthday on the Day?

Well I am off for a luxurious steep in a hot bath since I have absolutely nothing more interesting to do this fine Easter Monday. What a boring life I lead right now hiding from a 'Covid bullet' or yet another infection.

Silver6

Dogwalker123

Hey Delly, we go food shopping every Saturday morning and it is a very frustrating experience which takes hours for no good reason and yes, she knows I call her the dragon. 
unfortunately when my dad passed 14 years ago she refused to do anything with her life than concentrate on her ‘illnesses’ and narrowed her world so now she is a 76 year old, very lonely and unhappy woman. Her health ironically isn’t bad either despite her focus on it. This may be part of why I have not accepted my own diagnosis well, a strange determination not to follow in her footsteps? She seems to love nothing more than taking multiple tablets a day whereas I hate it.  She is however my mum and I love her anyway.

Didnt have any chocolate yesterday, seem to be losing track of my days at the moment but now I have remembered I will make up for that today!!👍🍫

Looking outside the weather is not too good here today, have a good day you and all other birdie friends on here.

Deb

delly

Hi Birdies

@Silver6  - I didn't take her out for Easter Sunday lunch. I popped round for a coffee/chat to see if she had any plans for her upcoming 93rd birthday this Thursday.

No, I didn't know anything about "Your Barry's" wedding and husband.

@Xena  - Did you have an enjoyable day with your daughter??

Am off to bobies now. It's early for me, Delly X❤️X

Silver6

Hi Delly, In answer to your question I cannot confirm anything other than 'My Barry' is, in my opinion, a great showman and I did see a picture of him and his Husband shortly after they got married a couple of years ago .... As I said to my sons at the time, "Barry obviously got married because he knew at that point it was futile waiting for me any longer" lol.

You are such a generous soul Delly taking your elderly neighbour out for Easter Sunday Lunch.  I find some very elderly people have led such long interesting lives I could listen to their stories all day long.

Did anyone else do anything nice for Easter?

Silver6

delly

@Silver6  - Ah, I didn't know that about "Your Barry"!! Is his sexuality a known fact then?? Perhaps the famous "Mandy" swung his preference. What a sheltered life I lead. Still think you ought to have had him autograph your bra or somewhere 🤔

I'm just popping round to one of my neighbours. She's 93 on Thursday!!! The queens birthday apparently. I checked with one of her church friends last night to see if they'd arranged anything for her actual day, but no. She, like me has no family, so if she hasn't any plans, I'm hoping she'll come out for a little jaunt somewhere, and bit of "spoiling". Nice country pub lunch and a gentle walk perhaps. The "gentle" walk is more for me and the leg at the mo'!! as "she" is a blummin wonder of a fit 90 odd yr old, a real GEM. Has a similar very daft, wry sense of humour, so we have a good giggle 😆

Hope you're all enjoying this lovely sunny Easter Sunday, Dellypoos X❤️

Silver6

Delly I was hoping he would invite me to come up on stage and sing a duet lol I couldn't ask for an autograph at that precise point it just wasn't the 'moment'

I also have too much respect for my husband to jump up from my chair and GRAB 'My Barry'. But I did say to my Husband later "I should have invited him for dinner after his show finished". My husband laughed and said "I've a feeling he just might be more interested in having dinner with me!" WHAT????  NO!!!!! Lol.

delly

oooOOOooo, @Silver6, what a fab experience seeing him in Las Vegas. But did he not ask you for a request and specially serenade you?! And . . did you not get his autograph, then have it tattooed somewhere? 😆 

I know what you mean about these Arena venues. I'm still kicking myself though, for not going to see Babs last time she was here in M/C. 

Are you and family all getting together over the Easter break? Christening your new garden furniture, perhaps, or hopefully with the weather?

@Dogwalker123  - Have you survived your day with your Mum? Does she know you call her "dragon"?!!  My Mum was one of my best friends. We had our occasional little off moments, but they were only ever brief.

Delly X❤️X

Silver6

Hi Dog walker .... Another fan of 'My Barry!!!!' Oh this is too much of a coincidence all of these women with such a good taste in music! I didn't bother booking tickets for this Tour as he is visiting Glasgow's Hydro venue and I absolutely HATE the place!  It is way too big a venue and even in some of the more expensive seats the Artist still look tiny figure on the stage, whilst less expensive seats, which sometimes are all that is available, are accessed by steep concrete stairs of about approx 80 steps with no handrail, all it would take is for one person to trip on the way down and there would be a massive crush with fatalities. Everyone talks about how dangerous this venue is but no one does anything.

Best place I saw 'My Barry' was in Vegas, we were staying at Caesars Palace Hotel and they can source the big show's tickets for guests, so my husband asked the Concierge to arrange it and we had a table for two at Barry's Vegas cabaret type show.  He actually sat on the edge of the stage near our table and asked where we were from, one of the highlights of that particular trip.

Delly - I too like dark chocolate, particularly Black Magic, but I do like a cream egg at Easter!

Silver6

delly

@Silver6  - Well, we've had Brrrrazillllian weather here today!!! Have been a little bit "nibbled" by insect critters, but fortunately ankles and legs. Have to always keep my arms covered for protection when I'm gardening, to avoid bites and grazes/thorns. 

Am now sat with a glass of white, watching another of my secret pleasures, B.G.T. - just enjoy the light heartedness of it. No, no egg for tomorrow. I'm a bitter Dark Choccie woman, Silver, so a Cad cream egg too sweet for me. But you enjoy, darlin'. The Gin sounds very interesting though!! 😋

@Dogwalker123  - Well I hope the Bazzer concert finally happens in June for you then, after all the reschedules.

Thanks on the voice compliment, Silver! I share the same name as a famous, now also a very wealthy singer. She sang the Bond theme to Skyfall. I half joke (but half serious) that "I" can sing better than she can. Just haven't been discovered yet. So if ANY of you ever see me appear on BGT or X Factor, as "Delly" -  VOTE for ME won't you, even if you think I'm rubbish 😆 I could do with the income boost at the moment!

Lots of love from Delly (Not YET famous 🤔)  X❤️X   

Silver6

So when is the promised Majorcan sun arriving over the UK? Bah! Weather Forecasters are just full of hot air!

What a voice you've got Delly, but just remember, he is 'My Barry' as I affectionately call him and my family roll their eyes! I recall when my eldest granddaughter started Nursery she had heard 'My Barry's' CD playing so much in my car she was word perfect and would give the whole nursery a star performance.  The Nursery staff asked my son is it you or your wife that is the " Barry Manilow Fan?"  He said "Mum stop playing Barry in the" ..... On your bike boy! "At the copa copacabana ...." lol

Anyone rolling their egg tomorrow? I've just got a little Cadbury's Cream Egg, more a nod to tradition as I don't want to encourage another infection by having piles of sugar in my blood stream. So my egg treat and a Rubarb & Ginger G & T will be all that's on offer for me.

Dogwalker123

Hello Delly, all treatment is at Christie’s Macclesfield for me.

And, being a Barry fan myself, me and hubby are seeing him in June. Tickets were for the pre covid tour and this is the third attempt at a reschedule!

delly

Hi None Feathered and hopefully None "Blue" (be that colour or mood) friends.

Yep, beautifully sunny and warm here in Macc too.

@Dogwalker123  - Hi, I was going to ask where you'll be going for your Radiotherapy treatments? Do they do Radiotherapy at Macc hosp?? or do you have to go to the Manchester Christies for them? All my operations (06/07) were over in N. Manchester, where I was living, so haven't had any over here. And I opted to have my recon op (2014) at Wythenshawe, due to much shorter waiting times than at Macc. It's a "training" hospital and I had a bit of a nasty experience with the initial expander fitting op, so with hindsight, I may have been better waiting to have it locally, rather than trecking over there.

I know there's been a lot of talk of building another "Christies"(?) treatment centre over this way, but I couldn't remember whether it was voted to be built at the Macc or the Stockport hospital, in the end?? All I know is that a lot of BC ladies around the Stockport area were having to come into Macc for ops/care /treatments, but I didn't know if they had to go to Manchester Christies for Radiotherapy?

@Silver6  - Glad you've now been given a date for commencing rads. Yeh, 3 weeks seems a long wait (more waiting, waiting . . .😖). Aww, sweetheart, sorry you're so disappointed not to be going to France. However, given all your recent nasty infections (pneumonia espesh) perhaps it's just as well. At least you'll be better recovered from it all, therefore better able to ENJOY it when you DO finally get to go, hey. That's as long as nothing else crops up. Can't belieeeve your recent misfortunes, girl, even down to a previous bite infection rearing its teeth up again 😒 

@Xena  - Yeh, I have to agree with Silver, living on a farm for a month sounds quite lovely, really. Hope your journeys today have been without any hiccups, or too many blockages. I'm presuming she's in South Wales, as you said 3 1/2hrs from you in the SE. Guess it'd be partly M40 would it, without checking my road map?

Silver - On the Bazzer Manilow theme, my Dad was a big fan 😆, though I have to admit I like some of his music too, especially his ballads. And I'll ALWAYS get up to Dellybop to "Copacabanna"!!! Back in 1975, a boyfriend and I had the 12" version (vinyl of course) of "Could It Be Magic", based on Chopins Prelude In C Minor. - all very slow and romantic!! Not at all like Take That's more "upbeat" version. Eeeeee, "Memories, da da daa da da da daaa.

He's coming on in Glasgow this year.  I may just go see him myself down here at the M/C O2. Reckon it'd be a really good night out. "At the Copa, Copacabanna . . . . ". 

"Oh Silver(Mandy), well, you came and you gave without taking, but I sent you away. Oh, Silver(Mandy) ..."  SEE, I know all the words - dead giveaway 😁 

Leg's a lot better today, can actually bear my full weight on it now, so am off out to get some Vit D rays and do a bit more garden tidying, with today's earworm, "At the Copa . . . . . 

Have a good day and Easter weekend, everyone. Lotsa love, Delly-Lola! 😆 X❤️X