Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

December 2020 Chemo Starters

737 REPLIES 737
grannyp

Re: HiRe: December 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi everyone 

How are we all doing? Hope that everyone is recovering well from treatment & that those of you with ongoing treatment are finding it much easier than what we have already been through. And trust that we are all getting back to some normality or embracing a new kind of normal post-treatment.

I had my first β€˜stand alone’ zolendronic acid infusion in June & am plodding on with anastrozole without too many problems- I seem to have many of the side effects that are mentioned but all fairly mild & although irritating at times they don’t cause any major problems. Life has been very busy & I try to take any opportunities that arise etc. 
Next week will be the anniversary of my mammogram recall last year when I was told there was β€˜something that will definitely need treatment’ - a bit of an understatement!! Lots of unpleasant memories coming up & reflections on what has happened during that year. But on a positive note  have celebrations next week for my mother in law’s 90th birthday & my granddaughter’s 2nd birthday, so they will certainly help lift the mood. And I had my first annual mammogram on Monday - all clear, which was a huge relief. It doesn’t take away that ongoing anxiety that never really leaves us but it was something to get through & does mark that first year, 

Take care everyone & look forward to hearing any news whenever you have chance to pop on here x

higgi

Hi everyone! Lovely reading your updates 

I have just had 3/15 radio blasts … can feel th tightening already in the implant !!! I keep moisturising n stretching n wear my strap to keep it down at night in bed πŸ™ I was overinflated by 50 ml so totalled a πŸ™Œ big 300 ml .. 🀣🀩 

I’m back n the static bike n do strength n conditioning uppers n lowers … I was so desperate to swim n advised wait to go in chlorine n don’t wear owt tight like a wetsuit … that I mbraced wild swimming in wed !!! Me n open water in a cosie !!!! A 1ST !!!! I stayed in 20 min πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά hoping do 30 min tonight …. U must try it ladies it’s so invigorating ❀️❀️❀️❀️

hairs growing slowly but is so curly … like a frizz ball … I had curly hair b4 but not this curly when short it was only curly as it grew longer . 

enjoying getting nails done with fancy patterns 🀩🀩🀩 

still got the awful pain in legs if I sit like sciatica. Can only hope it goes after feb !!! When phesgo stops … n my thumbs kill that th letrozole… but hey ho IM ALIVE !!!! …. 
wishing you all a fantastic weekend of sunshine doing what you love ❀️ 

PaulineS27

Lovely to hear from you @Pyewacket 

I now look like I have braved the shave, its great washing my hair as no need to put a towel on it, just a quick rub and its dry lol I have never coloured my hair, but the new chemo grey, which is one sided looks a bit strange πŸ˜‚ i think i will leave it and see how it goes, maybe I need tattoos although I can't do the tall bit 🀣 Had my first boob expansion today, only 50ml as 5 weeks post op but more to follow πŸ˜‚ Hope you fake book swelling settles down soon and I'm glad your energy levels are returning x

Pyewacket

Hello everyone,

Just read through and caught up with everyone's news, which I'm pleased to see is largely positive.

I see there has been some talk about grey hair - I saw my first greys in my teens and dyed it for years, finally in my early 40s I thought stuff this dying lark and embraced the grey. Growing out the dye was painful, but once done I've never been happier with my hair. Healthy, strong, shiny, people always complement it. Had young 'uns asking me what dye i use on it even lol! Main thing I found about embracing the grey was how good it makes your skin look, as everything 'matches' as it were, it literally took years off me.

I have eyelashes and eyebrows again now. Also lots of hair everywhere else.. my experiment with some random stuff off Amazon to inhibit hair growth where I don't want it has sadly been deemed a failure. Still it was a distraction for a while!

Two months after radiotherapy finished and tiredness is gone, but fake boob is still somewhat swollen, but definitely settling back down, just going to take time. Saw the surgeons and they will see me in another few months with a view to a small fat transfer to hide some 'rippling' of fake boob. Should only be minor and great of them to consider it worthy of treatment - it's only visible when I've not got a bra on and doesn't bother me.

End of this month i go for the pre-op meeting regarding whisking out the old ovaries, so I anticipate I shouldn't have to wait too long for that to happen now, Covid willing of course. My periods haven't returned since stopping in chemo so I'm hoping my body won't take too much of a huff to the process.

@PaulineS27 pleased all is progressing well! I think that woman was just admiring how fabulous your scalp and fluff looked! No one seems to have taken blind bit of notice of my baldness, much to my dismay, they probably thought it was a choice seeing as I'm tall and tattoo'd anyway πŸ™‚ And fancy getting it cut, I'm just going to daub mine in gel and let it grow and do it's thing I reckon.

@Shine13 Sausages to your work! Make the time up? Pfft. As Pauline says the expectation seems to be you can bounce back to normal. I get the same thing from people, I wasn't ill in anyway before treatment, I was fit as a fiddle! It's all this gruelling treatment we have to recover from not the cancer. My work ring me every week and are starting to say things like 'oh well hope that's sorted soon then you can get back to normal'.

Lovely that so many people are updating on progress, I love reading this thread.

Take care everyone, love Pye xxx

PaulineS27

Hi @Shine13 I am sorry that your work is expecting you to bounce back so quickly. I do think that the expectation for most people is that you have finished chemo so you are over it, they don't account for any additional appointments with oncologists, injections, breast team etc. Although Chemo is over my body still hasn't recovered and I still have my fake boob to be inflated lol I hope your work can comprehend that this journey is not quite over for you and support you with time off for a little longer.

@Karden It will be fabulous when your hair starts re-growing, my hair is now quite thick which is fab. I never coloured my hair pre chemo, maybe the greys will hide a little better when longer lol

Sending love to you all xx

Karden

@PaulineS27 I'm glad you're pleased with your chemo cut , you must feel that you're well on the way now to a stylish new hairstyle. I can't wait to see mine growing again now that chemo has finished. At least I know what colour to expect as it had started growing back really nicely following the first lot.

I agree with your words, onwards and upwards - for all of us! 😘

Karden

@Shine13 Yes, I've noticed the glamorous grey on the red carpet - vert stylish! I'm going to give it a go and see if I can save money and time at the hairdresser. I think it will feel very liberating too not to have the constant regrowth which would show very quickly on short hair.

Bad news from HR. It's unbelievable really isn't it? I'm very lucky and work for a charity that gives me whatever time I need, paid. It really does make you think about priorities, work to live and not the other way round. Do you enjoy your job, would you consider something else? x

Shine13

@Karden there has been grey hair on the red carpet. Looks like grey is the new blond. Mine is a nice silver grey with a bit of salt and pepper. Am going to save a fortune in hairdressers. I hope it stays this colour.

I still don t taste food properly must be the Kadcyla. It can be a waste of money going out for dinner some days.

I got a letter from hr this week saying they will pay for time of for apointments and treatment but want me to make the time up. No mention of the 5 years of long hours before my diagnosis. So you get compassion for 6 to 9 months then eveyone gets bored and thinks you should be back to normal/ocer it.

Love to all.

PaulineS27

Hi @Karden I had my first chemo cut, as they call it and my hair feels so much better. Even my son, who rarely comments said it looked healthier. You are right about the lady pointing me out, it was thoughtless but you just cant help some people being daft lol 

The warm muggy weather is rubbish, especially with hot flushed but we will get there. Reading the updates here always helps.

@Shine13 hope your side effects are minimal or don't arrive at all rather than as scheduled lol

Take care lovely ladies, on wards and upwards is my new phrase πŸ™‚

Shine13

4 days 11 to go it is fine but side effects of fatigue and red/ sore skin should arrive middle of next week if they are on time.πŸ˜„

Karden

@Shine13 How is it going, how many days have you had? It's interesting how everyone's hair seems to regrow in random ways. I'm going to try embracing the grey too but we'll see how it goes. x

Karden

@PaulineS27 it's a pity the lady pointed you out, very thoughtless. That's why I will stick with the wig for a while, I hate to stand out in public as a cancer patient. I'm over the side-effects now and feeling ok but I don't like the warm, muggy weather.

Sending good vibes your way. x

PaulineS27

Hi @Karden I am hopefully the hot flushes will ease once tables settle in lol 

Sorry you were feeling poorly, I found it built up. However hair growth is fantastic news!

Onwards and upwards! 

@Shine13 Love that you are embracing the grey, mine is one sided πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ I did go out without my wig, it was warm and with the hot flushes I thought sod it! but as you say people can tell you have been in treatment and one lady decided to point and stare which my little girl found upsetting so I will keep the wig a little longer 😁

Hope next week goes smoothly xx

Shine13

Just hanging around for rads they seem to have an issue with the machine. I quite like my silver grey hair so will leave and may add streaks at a later stage. Funny how it grows at different lengths. Am desperate to ditch the wig but not keen to sdvertise my health issues with clients at work.

SoΓ²ooooo looking foward to starting tamoxifan am leaving it until the end of rads now.

Next week is very busy rads,bloods and kadcycla.

Hope everyone is feeling good.

Xx 

Karden

@PaulineS27 I hope the hot sweats settle down soon.

@higgi How are the aching bones?

I had my final FEC a week ago and I slept on and off all day on days 3-5, it took much longer to get over it, maybe the build up effect? I'm ok now and enjoying the respite before starting on the Letrozole and Ibandronate in 2 weeks

My hair has started changing from spiky stubble to soft fluff so I know it's starting to grow again. White and grey Γ t the moment but I will see how it goes.

Best wishes to everyone. ❀️

PaulineS27

Hi @higgi.  

I think I need a little trim by an actual hairdresser, got my 9 year old to cut a few tufty but on the neck line πŸ˜‚ I'm going to look at vegetable colouring, one side is brown other side is salt and pepper with a mix of brown, random πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Good luck with Phesgo, its another one ticked off the list. I'm on Tamoxifen, its not too bad just a bit of tiredness and the dreaded hot flushes, mind you will save on the heating bill this winter lol 

Hope you are all doing well xx

higgi

Hi everyone 

I had a vegetable dye as yes avoid bleach for 6 months ! It’s been absolutely fine !! 
I went hairdressers for it and had a trim πŸ€£πŸ€£β€¦ just neatening it near the ears n any tuffty bits . πŸ™Œ

got busy week with covid swab n phesgo injection ! Can’t wait πŸ˜› NOT !!! 
the letrozole is making my hands n feet ache so much … like really stiff in the thumb joints … horrible,.. and yes revisiting hot sweats 😩

hope everyone s managing . Big hugs xxx

PaulineS27

Hi @dipitdee I have only just started Tanoxafen but am finding the hot sweats a little hard. Was having them before but Tamoxafen have intensified them.

I havent had any itching yet, hope your cream helps x

PaulineS27

Hi @higgi 

Loving that you coloured your hair, I sure have a lot of greys but thought I had to wait. Did you use Henna or normal colour?

I had my first Phesgo, size 14 with chunky thighs and my leg did swell. I initially had Herceptin which didnt impact me. Phesgo is definitely harder, although easier than chemo. Is there any chance of them administering it differently if you are slim? I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is.

Sending positive vibes for your Radiotherapy x

dipitdee

@Shine13 I’m on Kadcyla too. Had my first infusion a few weeks ago now. No really bad side effects just super tired the day after. Had to have a nanna nap that afternoon! Fine day after though. I have now had a port fitted though as I don’t think my poor veins could cope with another 11 cannula and blood tests! Got a few weeks break from it to do radiotherapy now though. Hoping this gives port site time to heal properly and that it eventually makes things a bit easier. 

Has anyone had any side effects from tamoxifen though? I’ve had to eventually ask for hydrocortisone cream from GP to handle itching β€˜down below’ and around my eyes (not sure if that’s hay fever allergy related though)

Sounds like lots of us starting rads soon too. I’ve got my planning appointment on Monday. Do we seriously have to self-isolate again? I’m so hoping not! We’ve got plans to meet up with friends and family I haven’t seen in over a year over the next few weeks! 

Karden

@higgi Great to hear that you're moving forward. 

I'm interested that you coloured your hair, I have been told to wait 6 months after chemo ends although I haven't got any to colour yet. πŸ™

I've got a Covid swab to do before my radio set up session but as it's on 12th and treatment starts on 27th I won't be isolating but will do another swab 3 days before starting.

Let us know how it goes. x

higgi

Hi @Karden great news re your radio date … I’m all tattooed up now and ready to go .. spparently I have to have covid swab 7 days b4 start ..so that’s wed n start 14 July … but I’m a 3 weeker !!!! Finish 3 aug . Have to self isolate after covid swab .???did anyone else … can’t believe I’ll be isolating for 4 weeks !!!!!!! Jeeze 

hair wise I had it coloured red 🀣. Hell of a lot better than grey tennis ball 🀣 it’s defo still curly YEH !!! and thicker YEH !! 
i have phesgo will b my 3 rd one as an injection on wed … I dread it cos I have dead leg for 2-3 days …they think it’s cos I no fat on thighs πŸ€£πŸ€¨πŸ˜©β€¦ this will be cycle 7/18 her2 treatment 

thanks for everyone’s support … we all in it to the end πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ˜… xxx

PaulineS27

@Karden oh that wonderful, no complications with a fake boob then πŸ˜‚ 

Herceptin injections are ok xx

Karden

@PaulineS27 I'm pleased to hear that you're doing ok on the injections. I start Herceptin ones in 3 weeks time.

I should be ok with the radiotherapy - I haven't got an implant as I had a lumpectomy.

Great to hear from you, keep in touch. πŸ™‚

Karden

@Shine13 There was no bell to ring but apparently they have one on the radiotherapy unit. Just feeling tired now but not too bad overall. I'm so pleased to have finished the chemo and it feels good to have the PICC line out.

My hair came back after the first phase of chemo and it was completely grey too. It was a real blow to lose it again so soon when the 2nd phase of chemo began but at least I know that it will start growing again soon.

Hope you are feeling ok and leading a more normal life again. πŸ‘πŸ‘

PaulineS27

Hi @Shine13 @Karden @higgi 

Good to hear from you all.

@Shine13 im on phesgo it's a mix of herceptin and pertuzamab in one injection. I had herceptin injections pre op and then my first phesgo this week, my leg did swell a little and I was definitely more tired then when it was just Herceptin but it's a whole lot easier than chemo 

@Karden I am not having radiotherapy but from reading on hear people seem to tolerate it ok, hope your implant behaves.

@higgi I hope you are doing ok x

Shine13

@Karden Congrats hope you have a bell to ring. The hair comes back quick I have half a cm and gone completely grey though. Just use a wig for work now.

Karden

@Shine13 Good luck with your ongoing meds. You must be feeling so good now that the active treatment is over.

What a journey, but you've got there and it's time to focus on enjoying life again.

Best wishes, Karen xx

Karden

@higgi It's great to hear from you and it seems that things are moving forward for you now. I'm so pleased you're over the worst.

Good luck with the radiotherapy and I hope your new boob behaves itself.

I'm having my last chemo today and removal of the PICC. I'm so relieved to have finally got to this stage. I don't even mind the side-effects that will come as I know it's for the last time. 😊😊

My ct scan for radiotherapy set up is on 12th July then 5 days of treatment from 28th.

I'm so looking forward to my hair starting to grow again too. How's yours doing higgi? xx

Shine13

You should be fine a walk in the park after what you have been through. I start rad for 3 weeks on Monday. Breath holding was fine and arms not at full stretch.  Was fine with my cording.  They set breath on 80 % of your biggest breadth so go for it to protect the heart. I just had a lumpectomy. 

Hope everyone else is doing well. I am ticking along. Anyone else on Kadcycla? seems to be making me very tired worse than previous treatment. I guess might be the build up. Roll on February.

Nealy there @higgi looking forward to clearing the rad hurdle. Am going to start tamoxifen at the end of my rad. Oncologist is giving me the choice not in a hurry to start that.

Love to all.😘

higgi

Hi everyone! Off to planning scan today for rads … then I’ll start next wed for 3 weeks . Hoping the implant behaves 🀞been over expanded by 50 ml that’s the max they said I cud go !!! So big boob on left normal on right … offered a prosthesis if want … also told to try tolerate it expanded as long as poss after radio !!! Changes can continue for 2 years !!! 
looking forward to seeing how anyone else manages the tissue expander with radio ??? 

ill b in touch after this afternoon hoping I can manage the arm over head with my cording snd the breath holding !!!!! 🀣

big hugs to you all .hope u all coping well xxxx

PaulineS27

Hi @Pyewacket great to hear from you, hope the swelling goes down quickly and the energy level increases soon. I think chemo put me into the menopause, they did mention putting my ovaries 'to sleep' if not. I hope the op will be kind to you and that will be an end to your treatment x

On a plus note I now have eyelashes and eyebrows (cant tell u how excited I was lol) and I look like I have braved the shave hair wise, few more greys than before though πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

@Karden nearly at the finishing line, you have done amazingly! 

Take care everyone x

Karden

@Pyewacket It's lovely to hear from you and I'm pleased that you're well on the road to recovery.

I've got my last chemo next Thursday and radiotherapy starts on 27th July for 5 days. 3 from Wed to Friday then 2 on the Monday and Tuesday. The weekend will break it up nicely so it won't be as bad as you ladies who have had 3 weeks.

I hope you feel happy with your new boob when the swelling goes down completely. Will you have finished all active treatment after your ovaries have been removed?

Best wishes

Karen x

Pyewacket

Hello everyone,

Just a quick hi to all, having spent ages reading everyones updates. Seems like some have quite a bit to go through still, but generally going in the right direction, even Higgi appears to be going in the right direction! 

Fine here, tiredness still ebbing after finishing radiotherapy a month ago. Swelling is going down now on fake boob, I think in another couple of weeks it will be back to 'normal'. Seeing gynae at the end of next month to sign the forms for them to whip out the ovaries, always something on the horizon πŸ™‚

Keep up the good work everyone!

Pye xx

grannyp

Hi to all of you who are still checking in here. I agree totally that this has been a great group to be part of and it would be lovely to hear from time to time from those who wish to continue to have some interaction on here. @higgi you have been through so much lately & I am pleased that things seem to be improving. You will get your fitness back & shift that weight but I totally understand how you feel. @Karden - almost there with the extra chemo! Well done!! It must have felt like forever but now on to the next stage. 
Most of us are still dealing with treatment of one sort or another & we are all dealing with huge changes in our lives. I had my first β€˜stand alone’ Zometa infusion yesterday - all ok, although trying to get bloods beforehand was interesting! Also nearly 12 weeks down the line with Anastrozole - aches & pains but just trying to get on with it & exercise through it. Had first check ups with surgeon & oncologist - both very happy but very early days. Going forward, I will see them every 6 months but timed so that I see one or other every 3 months. This to me brings home the reality of what my life is now. I am more than happy to have the regular checks but it does reinforce the seriousness of my situation & that recurrence is probably never very far away. BUT I am determined to live as much as possible between checks & grab every opportunity that presents itself. Good luck to all of you & thank you for your support & companionship along this road that none of us ever wanted to take xx

Karden

@PaulineS27 I think it will be around late July before I have the radiotherapy so I will keep popping in here to see how you and higgi are doing and anyone else who's still around.

Thanks for the virtual hug, I'm sending one to you too. πŸ€—

PaulineS27

Yes @Karden it has been an amazing group and there are just a few of us stragglers who still have treatment ahead but it's good to see everyone moving forwards, onwards and upwards πŸ™‚ 

I have half a boob at the moment until its expanded πŸ˜‚ I am hoping herceptin and pertuzamab doesn't thin the ' brave the shave' look I have going on - eyebrows are emerging too which is fab.

I have to collect my Tamoxafen, hope that will be kind too.

Sending you best wishes and a hug x

Karden

@PaulineS27 Great to hear from you too. It's good news that you don't need radiotherapy and I hope that you get on ok with the herceptin and pertuzamab.

Everyone seems to be moving forward now. This has been a fantastic group and the support has made a huge difference to me, everyone has been so open and we have shared our ups and downs and really helped each other along.

Best wishes to you all. xx❀️

PaulineS27

Lovely to hear from you @higgi and @Karden 

@Karden sending you well wishes for radiotherapy, you have been so string and you will get through this and back to full fitness

@higgi I have a few more greys that's for sure, useful info about hair dye.

I have been told no radiotherapy just herceptin and pertuzamab injections until february 

Hope you are all well xx

higgi

Thanks @Karden 

my last chemo was 27 March .. u can have vegetable dye but wait 6 months for  bleach … 

it’s still thin on left side !!!!! Very uneven but any colour other than grey will b welcomed πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

the her2 treatment can cause thin or hair loss 😳.  Hoping it doesn’t 😱🀣

Hope all’s good with u !  And hugs to everyone else xxxx

Karden

@higgi It's great to hear from you. It sounds as though you have much ahead of you but you have come through so much already and you will soon get there.

It must be so frustrating to have put weight on despite your exercising but you will get back to your original fitness level in time. It sounds as though your hair is coming along nicely. When was your last chemo? I've been told not to have it dyed until 6 months after although I currently have no hair other than a horrible stubble for the 2nd time in 6 months. My last (8th) Chemo is next week so I'm looking forward to it growing again.

Good luck with the radiotherapy higgi. You are amazing and will continue to be. 🌟🌟 xx

higgi

Hi everyone… lovely to hear you all doing so well . 
I am having radiotherapy in about 3 weeks time to chest wall over 15 sessions (3 weeks) going for overinflation on Thursday )310 OMG 😳 … so will then stay like that for month after radio then deflate to get best results ???πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Also told wear pressure strap to stop the implant moving upwards as it contracts with radio πŸ™

can’t say I’m looking forward to it and have been feeling down since chemo stopped n chyle leak pushed my limits !!! 
all my joints ache so might have come off. Letrozole. (Was an overkill anyway ) 

the cording is very painful but I am moving arm better n radio position will b ok πŸ‘β€¦ I’m high risk of lymphodeama so they being proactive with physio , encouraging me to massage n do exercises! Also being measured u for pressure sleeve to wear during exercise. 
I pray every day it won’t happen πŸ™ŒπŸ™πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™β€¦ I got venous cording too u see following chemo … the other cording not serious is lymph. 

walking as much as possible but long term Achilles tendinitis makes it uncomfortable n not a joy so hoping high wave shock therapy sorts it πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

back on the static bike but muscle strength is shocking !!! 
had left leg phesgo injection last week … dead leg3 days n better than last time πŸ™ŒπŸ€£

hoping get a dye on the grey/white in places stubble Thursday !!! Will let u know ow it goes n of scarf comes off 🀩

I put on a stone during treatment despite tons of exercise so still battling fitting in skinny Jean !! 😫

big loves to u all … my wonder woman friends 😘❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️

PaulineS27

@Shine13 

A weekend clamping sounds fab, a glass or two of wine after the long treatment slog is well earned 😘

No pain sounds great but numbness is probably equally as strange.

I still need my boob expanded to match the other one and am hoping to continue with just Herceptin, fingers crossed x

I am going to google cording exercises as I left hospital on a bank holiday so didnt see a physio

Hope everyone has enjoyed the sunshine xx

Woodybird

I tried 🀣 Gave up when I got the eyelid infection... just in case it was related πŸ˜‰

About to try again. Hopefully with better results this time 🀞

Shine13

Hi all

An upbeat general vibe on the jungle drums,   I guess it feels like we are coming out the other side.

@higgi  great news it was such bad luck , I expanded my cording exercises with some UTube advice videos that seemed to help.

@PaulineS27  fingers crossed no radio that should be the plus side of going through a mastectomy.  

My cording is very stubborn doing the exercises but I have full range of movement so not to fussed.  My tumour bed and lymph nodes were all removed from the same wound under the arm.  My tumour was very close to the axilla hence two nodes pre chemo.  I have had virtually no pain but I think my arm and axilla are all numb.  The surgeon thinks the numbness will go over time, the surgery was very difficult so think I was pulled about a lot.  Not sure if I should be pleased or worried ………………………..seemed to escape the pain.

My RXT starts 5th July for 3 weeks.  I am told due to the Kadcycla they don β€˜t want to give me higher dose radiation over a week,  as was hoping for just the week,  as the research seems to show it is just as good.  Well thanks to the postings here am not to worried about RXT just another hurdle.   I guess  more fatigue to come but it all feels better in the sun when you can see people.  It all very routine now scans , bloods. Have just accepted this my life until I finish the Kadcycla next year. 

@Woodybird     5 k great idea think I ll wait until after radio it is good excuse.  I am getting on the bike. So frustrating trying to get back my old strength and fitness.

I lost a stone through all this,  must have been the months of diarrhoea so I need to  keep that off.  Weight loss -the only plus side, my skin seems to have improved as well . My hair has come back white so am fed up to the back teeth with the wig,  so I only where it for work.  I am told my the white skin head look is very trendy and is a better look than the  wig.😊

So glad to see everyone seems to be doing well.  @Karden one more to go so near.  I am doing some glamp camping with girlfriends this weekend, trouble is they have booked wine tasting at a vineyard and I am trying to ensure this big cancer scare means I am healthier and that means less wineπŸ€”.  I guess you are supposed to spit it out anyway, seems a waste.

xx😘

PaulineS27

Hi @Woodybird I thought I was going crazy with my arm pit hurting more than my boob πŸ˜‚ so I'm reassured it's not just me. They said they would take between 2 and 4 lymph nodes but boy did it smart when I woke up from the op and even now it hurts more than my half boob 😬 

I too have an expander but the oncologist have said they wont decide about the treatment plan until after histology so it made the implant decision a little harder initially then I decided to just go with the flow and if I need radiotherapy then i would take it as it came πŸ™‚

Glad you are at the end of your radiotherapy journey. Wow couch to 5k whilst doing radiotherapy go you! That's determination x

Woodybird

@PaulineS27 Totally agree. I had mastectomy, then had to go back to have lymph nodes removed a few weeks later. That was definitely the most painful bit.

@Karden Great to hear you're nearly through this bit. It seems to have gone quick...I bet you don't agree πŸ˜” Glad you were able to get away for a few days, that sounds bliss.

@higgi Great to hear your leak has finally healed. Must be great to be back on a normal-ish diet. I finished radio 2 weeks ago and am starting to feel a bit more lively. I didn't think radio was affecting me... Until it did πŸ˜‚ Had a terrible eyelid infection, looked like I'd done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson - just one of those random things, they couldn't tell me what caused it, but I'm sure I got a bit low with the radio, oh and deciding to restart couch to 5k in the middle πŸ™„. I have a tissue expander implant. It did feel tight during the last week, I said about it to the radiographer thinking there was some constriction, and he said radio can cause some swelling πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Seems better now, but it does perhaps seem firmer and maybe in a slightly different place... But might just be that I wasn't in a state to care about it much before. I didn't have it pumped up as much as I thought I would initially. Partly because I intend to lose some weight and thought that would reduce the size of my true breast, and also I had a huge number of lymph nodes that were infected, so have changed my mind about a permanent reconstruction using my own tissue. Now thinking I'll have an implant, or depending how things are looking, get the other one lopped off 🀣 Nobody mentioned a pressure strap or anything, so I didn't. Really recommend continuing with arm exercises though, as I've definitely stiffened up with radio.

Keep doing what you're doing and have a good week all πŸ˜ƒ

PaulineS27

Thank you @Karden as soon as I know if I need radiotherapy or not I'm booking a little break πŸ™‚ I need it, we all need it as it's been a long few month 😬 You have been a real trooper and glad chemo is coming to an end for you xx

@higgi great news about the leak! I have the same queries about radiotherapy and implant/expanded but I havent been told if I'm having it yet but from this forum I can see most people do?? 

Is your cording painful, I'm not sure if mine is cording or just pain from the op, if that makes sense? My armpit is uncomfortably and movement limited but when I woke up from the op my armpit hurt more than my boob πŸ˜‚ xx

Karden

@higgi I'm so pleased to hear that you are much improved and the leak seems to have healed. I had cording and the exercises really do work but it takes a few weeks.

I had 7/18 herceptin 2 days ago along with my 7/8 chemo. After the 8th Chemo I will switch to injections until the final Herceptin in December.

I had an initial consultation for radio and mine will be done over 5 days.  New research has shown that this is just as effective for some patients and Sheffield has adopted this has standard practice where appropriate. I had a lumpectomy so won't have any additional side-effects of an implant.

Keep us posted on your progress. You're such a star and I'm full of admiration for how you have coped over these last few weeks. 🌟

higgi

Hi @Karden @thanks for asking … 

started fats last week and all seems ok no swelling !!! So hoping the chyle leak has self healed after 6 weeks !!! 
seeing physio Monday to tackle the cords . Wed is her2 treatment 7/18 cycle πŸ₯΄

friday see consultant radiotherapy to discuss if need radio . If I do they overinflate the boob n u wear pressure strap AGAIN  . To stop it rising up as it hardens during radio ! Wear this for 4 weeks after radio (total 7 weeks !!!!) anyone else having radio with implants in ?????? Experience??????

hope results are great news Pauline πŸ™πŸ€žπŸ˜˜

big hugs to everyone!! U superstars 🀩πŸ₯°